News and Resources
NewsLettersVA TBI Model Systems/IMAP* Newsletter
An interagency collaboration between the Departments of Veterans Affairs, Defense and Veterans Brain Injury Center, and Health and Human Services.
*Improved Understanding of Medical and Psychological Needs in Veterans and Service Members with TBI
- Cognition and TBI (Fall 2022)
- Gaining a Better Understanding about the Chronic Phase of TBI Recovery (Summer 2022)
- Chronic Pain and TBI (Winter 2021)
- 10 years of VA TBI Model Systems Research (Fall 2020)
- New Research- Sleep Apnea (Spring 2020)
- Comorbidities and TBI (Fall 2019)
- Sleep Apnea and TBI (Spring 2019)
- Caregiver and Family Needs (Summer 2017)
- Behavioral Health and TBI (Winter 2016)
- Significance of Sleep after TBI (Spring/Summer 2016)
- Community Reintegration after TBI (Fall/Winter 2015)
- TBIMS and the IMAP Research Expansion (Spring/Summer 2015)
- What is VA TBI Model Systems? (Fall/Winter 2014)
VA TBI Research News
Related Articles & Events
Stay informed! Here you will find relevant news articles and opinion pieces surrounding the issue of traumatic brain injury, as well as information about upcoming VA events, launches, and conferences.
- VA Providers Excel in Brain Injury Medicine - Department of Veterans Affairs Physiatrists achieve Brain Injury Medicine Certification from the American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (ABPMR)
- Expansion of Teleconsultation for TBI Evaluations - A CTBIE Teleconsultation provides a TBI evaluation utilizing Telehealth allowing the Veteran to be seen at a site, typically a Community Based Outpatient Clinic, removed from the TBI specialist.
Platinum Award for VHA's Polytrauma System of Care
The Veteran Health Administration (VHA) Polytrauma System of Care (PSC) has been recognized by Dorland Health's 'Case In Point Platinum Awards' as one of the most successful and innovative case management programs working to improve healthcare across the care continuum. (read more...)